In a thriving global business, it is imperative that your IT infrastructure can deliver data-driven insights and predict real-time outcomes.
It is why many organisations use SAP HANA – a business data platform that uses in-memory database technology that allows the processing of massive amounts of real-time data in a short time.
The quantity of structured and unstructured data available to organisations is soaring – and they are relying on it more than ever. Yet, despite the importance of such information, many companies struggle to simplify the complex nature of all the data streams available to them.
This is where IBM Power Systems come in. Power is IBM's architecture-based server line, built to work with big data allowing businesses to scale their database capacity and the size of their SAP HANA environment.
IBM Power Systems and SAP HANA - a match made in heaven?
In May 2016, SAP announced the full support of SAP HANA on IBM Power Systems.
By doing so, IBM’s strategy with SAP is simple: use IBM Power to bring choice to clients who, for the last few years, have been limited to using X86 Appliances.
So, what are the advantages of using IBM Power Systems with SAP HANA?
There are significant benefits in the flexibility, cost of operation and the performance delivered by the IBM solution, as well as future options for growth compared to the traditional x86 servers.
Running SAP HANA on IBM Power Systems helps businesses get better and faster results than on x86 based alternatives. The combination of excellent performance, reliability and flexibility make IBM Power Systems a versatile consolidation platform for multiple SAP HANA databases, traditional SAP applications and other workloads.
IBM Power is the ideal platform for infrastructure demands imposed by SAP HANA and S/4 HANA offering:
Real-time insights and faster business processes. Benefits of which include:
- Run 8 HANA instances on 1 IBM Power Systems server vs. 1 instance on commodity servers
- 8x performance per core over commodity servers
- Go live faster than on standard x86-based servers
- Leverage IBM Lab Services Migration Factory to streamline migration and to limit risk
By using IBM Power Systems for your SAP HANA requirements, you can protect your data and mission-critical workloads. Benefits include:
- 999% uptime
- Voted the most reliable server for seven consecutive years
- High level of security for data when collected, stored and processed
IBM Power gives you the flexibility to meet current and future demands.
- Capacity on demand consumption level
- Mix and match server environments
- Ready for tomorrow’s workloads: advanced analytics, AI, deep learning
Interestingly, too, IBM Power is an ideal platform for hybrid cloud with SAP HANA and S/4 HANA. Further benefits of this include:
- Turn on and pay for cores only when needed
- Run IBM Power as a cloud with OpenStack
- Bring up SAP via IBM Power VC and use with SAP Landscape Virtualization Manager (LVM) and vRealize
- Use IBM PowerVC for VM setup and management
Let Celerity help you:
Are you considering running your SAP HANA applications on IBM Power? Download the latest Celerity eBook below and discover how Celerity can support you.
Alternatively, contact the Celerity team by clicking here.